Oooolala, Sassy Mango Chili BBQ Glazed Chicken coming right up.
As we usher into the beautiful summer season and get ready for those gorgeous days at the beach, I'm thinking it’s time to fire up that grill, break out those pantry-staples, whip up something super-simple and grill, as we prepare for the heat.
1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs, breasts, wings or drumsticks
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 oz molasses
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1 tablespoon spicy brown or Dijon mustard
S + P (salt and pepper)
1. Place a cup of water and brown sugar into a pot over medium heat.
2. Dice mango into small pieces and add to pot. Cook for 20 - 30 minutes or til mango reaches a smooth texture. (add more water when necessary)
3. Preheat a clean grill or a grill pan to medium heat and lightly coat with olive oil.
4. Add s + p to chicken and place gently on the grill for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Once mango has reduced to a smooth texture, whisk in soy sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, molasses and Dijon mustard until incorporated.
6. Baste chicken with glaze using a clean paint brush. Cook for 6 minutes on one side, then flip to coat the other side with remaining glaze and continue cooking until firm to the touch or if using a thermometer temperature should be 155- 165 degrees, about 10 to 15 minutes.
If you're feeling really saucy drizzle more glaze hunni. Plate, dice scallions and sprinkle over chicken for a sexy garnish. Lastly, dig in!