This is a brownie recipe to "live" for! The chocolate blends perfectly with the sweetness of the sherry and the cherries give the brownies that tart pop. (you see what I did there? tart pop...pop tart) Anywhoo. These babies are sexy good. Get the recipe below.
- 2 cups dried cherries, rough chop
- 4 cups of sweet Port Wine
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 -1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips or (if you wanna go there, get decadent, baby) premium dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Soak the dried cherries in the Port Wine for at least 3 hours (overnight if you have the time), making sure the cherries are completely covered with liquid.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 9x9-inch half-sheet pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and spray paper.
Mash the butter with the banana. Add the eggs and water. Whisk until smooth.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate, and baking powder. Slowly sift the dry ingredients into the butter-banana mixture, stir- ring to incorporate after each addition. Mix until the batter is smooth and there are no lumps.
Gently fold in the port-soaked cherries, reserving a few to garnish and reserving any leftover liquid for another use. Stir to incorporate.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared sheet pan, level and smooth the top.
- Bake on the center rack for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Drizzle over top with extra cherry sauce.