I'm a sucker for a fabulous salad and especially one with an abundance of flavor. This recipe has just that, flavor with a little heat. Get into this. The recipe's below.
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, or dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup salted cashews, or other nut like pecans or walnuts
Orange Chili Dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 red chili flakes
- optional: pinch of salt and pepper
Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar, cover, and shake well. Set aside.
Combine penne, spinach, strawberries, pineapple, cranberries, and cashews in a large bowl and toss with the prepared dressing.
Serve immediately or cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.
Plate It Sexy
Toss salad before plating. The beautiful colors in this salad doesn't require you to get fancy. Place salad on a white plate or a bowl. (dark green leaves look beautiful against a white canvas) Once you have the desired amount of salad on the plate, go ahead and scatter your strawberries, penne and cashews over all the greens, leaving no big gaps. Sprinkle a dash of the chili flakes over the salad for a little more contrast.
That's it, hunni. Take your photos TAG ME on Instagram ... #ieatBEAUTIFUL then dig in!